Products and Services
The Garden Way Yoga Center's services and products are as follows:
- Yoga 1/Beginner is an introductory class for students who are new to Yoga. This class focuses on poses to stretch and strengthen the legs, back, and shoulders. Emphasis is given to the basic alignment of the standing poses.
- Fundamentals of Vinyasa Yoga will prepare students for a vigorous flow style of yoga (Vinyasa) that synchronizes breath with movement. It will offer a balance of strength, flexibility, and endurance to challenge the fitness enthusiast. The course will begin with instruction on the alignment of the poses and move toward linking all the poses together in a continuous flow by the end of the session.
- Gentle Yoga is designed for those who prefer a class less vigorous than Yoga 1. It includes gentle stretches and breathing as well as simple movements designed to systematically increase the range of motion of every major joint and increase energy. This class is ideal for students with chronic symptoms such as muscle/joint pain, stiffness, weakness, or fatigue.
- Yoga 1-2/Continuing Beginner is a continuation class for Yoga 1. The emphasis of this course is on refining and building endurance in Yoga 1 and Yoga 2 standing poses. It does not include the shoulder stand. The basic Anusara Yoga principles of alignment are presented. This class is suitable for students who have practiced other styles of yoga, but it is not suitable for those who have never studied yoga before.
- Yoga 2/Intermediate focuses on refining the standing poses and learning basic sitting postures, simple back bending poses, and the shoulder stand using the Anusara Yoga principles of alignment. It is recommended that students complete both Yoga 1 and Yoga 1-2 before taking Yoga 2.
- Yoga 3/Advanced continues with refinements to poses studied in Yoga 2 and introduces full arm balance (handstand), headstand, and forearm balance. Additional back bend poses are also included. Regular yoga practice outside of class is strongly encouraged. Permission of the instructor is required.
- Workshop Clothing: Shirts, shorts, athletic bras and pants.
- Workshop Equipment: Balancing balls, belts, weights, and mats.
- Yoga training aides: Video tapes, instructional manuals, inspirational books.