Security Guard Business Plan

START YOUR OWN BUSINESS PLAN

Rate this plan
(4.1/5, 24 votes)

You've landed in the middle of a sample plan! Jump to the beginning

Company Summary

Batten-Hatchez Security is a startup security company founded by Chindit Batten, a former police sergeant and security company manager with fifteen years in law enforcement and ten years in security work. The business will provide security guards to commercial buildings, retail businesses, and special events. The business will launch in Coastalburg but will expand to additional cities if successful.

Company Ownership

Chindit Batten is CEO and founder of Batten-Hatchez Security. He currently owns 60% of the business and the remaining 40% of shares are owned by his partner and co-founder, Viipuri Hatchez, COO. The business is incorporated as an S Corporation to enable additional investment for its launch. The founders shares will be diluted as up to 40% of shares will be given to investors.

Start-up Summary

Batten-Hatchez Security will launch as a home-based business out of the home office of Chindit Batten. Initially, this will reduce the cost of rent and equipment. Training for security guards will be provided in temporarily rented office space as needed. Other start-up costs include the costs of incorporation and permits, such as concealed weapons permits, business license, and police clearances (legal fees), the initial website and brochure design and printing, and the first insurance premium for the business, including liability insurance for the guard's work and carrying of firearms.

Long-term assets include mobile phones and headsets for all guards and employees, as well as two-way radios for guards working as teams.

Start-up
Requirements
Start-up Expenses
Legal Fees $15,000
Surety Bond $1,200
Stationery $2,000
Insurance $10,000
Training $5,000
Website $2,000
Brochure $1,500
Total Start-up Expenses $36,700
Start-up Assets
Cash Required $40,000
Other Current Assets $0
Long-term Assets $1,000
Total Assets $41,000
Total Requirements $77,700