Don't bother with copy and paste.

Get this complete sample business plan as a free text document.

Download for free

Contractor icon Septic Tank Contractor Business Plan

Start your plan

William's Environmental

Company Summary

William’s Environmental is a underground septic tank installation, service and removal business that offers its customers a complete waste control system from start to finish.

William’s Environmental has over twenty five years of experience in the waste management field. Jean William has assembled a team of the area’s top professionals in septic tank installation and replacement. William’s Environmental will also hire a sales person to target the older homes that are eligible for a 40% rebate on septic tank replacement that is being offered by the county.

William’s Environmental is located at 3456 Main St., Munroe, New York. The facility/storage yard is 10,000 square feet and located at the junction of Highways 55 and 102.

2.1 Company Ownership

William’s Environmental will incorporated in New York as a C Corporation. Jean William owns 70% of the company shares. The remaining 30% is owned by the silent partner.

2.2 Start-up Summary

The following is the start-up plan for William’s Environmental. Specialized hand tools will be purchased as part of expensed equipment, while excavating equipment, e.g. backhoe, trailers, dump truck, and powered hoist will be leased, with the intent/option to buy, for the initial years of the plan. These large capital purchases will be deferred until the business is profitably established.

Septic tank contractor business plan, company summary chart image

Start-up Expenses
Legal $1,000
Stationery etc. $200
Brochures $1,000
Office Setup $10,000
Insurance $3,000
Rent $2,000
2 Vans-used $22,000
Installation Inventory $10,000
Tank Inventory $30,000
Expensed Equipment $20,000
Other $0
Total Start-up Expenses $99,200
Start-up Assets
Cash Required $80,800
Start-up Inventory $0
Other Current Assets $0
Long-term Assets $30,000
Total Assets $110,800
Total Requirements $210,000
Start-up Funding
Start-up Expenses to Fund $99,200
Start-up Assets to Fund $110,800
Total Funding Required $210,000
Non-cash Assets from Start-up $30,000
Cash Requirements from Start-up $80,800
Additional Cash Raised $0
Cash Balance on Starting Date $80,800
Total Assets $110,800
Liabilities and Capital
Current Borrowing $0
Long-term Liabilities $100,000
Accounts Payable (Outstanding Bills) $0
Other Current Liabilities (interest-free) $0
Total Liabilities $100,000
Planned Investment
Jean William $50,000
Investor 2 $60,000
Other $0
Additional Investment Requirement $0
Total Planned Investment $110,000
Loss at Start-up (Start-up Expenses) ($99,200)
Total Capital $10,800
Total Capital and Liabilities $110,800
Total Funding $210,000