A Mother's Place
Emili graduated from Harvard with a Master’s Degree in Education & Child Development. She has 15 years experience as an administrator in the child development field. Most recently, she was Chief of Operations for a local, family owned childcare management company in the Silicon Valley. In this role, she was responsible for the day to day operations, including finance management, employee relations and customer service, for each of the 15 childcare centers.
Prior to this position, Emili had the opportunity to gain valuable fiscal management experience as the Director of Finance/Account Manager for the Cisco Systems corporate sponsored childcare center. This center was a start-up project to serve over 500 children, and employed 125 teachers and administrators. At this largest childcare center of California, Emili was responsible for the fiscal management, fiscal reporting, human resources and payroll and overseeing the day to day operations of the services the center provided. In addition, she has been a child development instructor at San Jose State University. She is also the proud mother of a young infant, which has taught her a great deal about purchasing juvenile products and parenting services.
7.1 Personnel Plan
A Mother’s Place will be looking for candidates who currently have young children, and want part-time hours. This team of parents will make our customers, who are also parents, feel more comfortable, and serve as a resource for many of our products and services.
The following personnel plan will be implemented completely when total sales exceeds $53,000 monthly at A Mother’s Place:
- The principal, Emili Willet will be onsite full-time, responsible for day-to-day operations, all accounting/administrative tasks, and providing customer service.
- One full-time manager to oversee and fill in for all areas. In addition, due to the principal’s deafness, it’s vital to have an employee onsite at all hours to provide high quality customer service communications on the phone.
- One part-time manager to oversee and fill in all areas during the weekend hours (each manager will have additional responsibilities that will be specific to each manager to establish ownership of their jobs). (16 hrs/wk)
- One part-time StrollerFitâ instructor to teach the StrollerFitâ fitness classes (6 hrs/wk).
- One part-time class instructor and party coordinator to teach classes, and plan and organize birthday parties. Classes and birthday parties will start in October, and the hours for this position will be determined by the number of classes and parties that are served. (3 – 15 hrs/wk)
- One part-time retail specialist will be hired when total monthly sales have exceeded $45,000 in March, primarily to help on weekends to greet customers, provide expertise in products, inventory, keeping floor space organized and presentable, run cash register, answer phones and perform any other customer service related tasks. (16 hrs/wk)
- One full-time retail specialist will be hired when total monthly sales have exceeded $53,000 in May, to greet customers, provide expertise in products, inventory, keeping floor space organized and presentable, run cash register, answer phones and perform any other customer service related tasks.
The growth of the company will be determined by how accurately and efficiently the company is able to implement the facets of this business plan.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|StrollerFit Fitness Certified Instructor||$9,880||$12,480||$15,600|
|PT Class Instructor/Party Coordinator||$6,458||$6,652||$7,722|
|PT Retail Specialist||$6,932||$17,160||$18,018|
|FT Retail Specialist||$6,920||$21,798||$22,890|