Products and Services
Barton Interiors focuses on providing interior design consulting. This is complemented by specially purchased furniture, art pieces, decorator fabric, and accessories for the home and office. The sales process will begin with interior design consulting services, and then progress on to offer specially selected components to complement the design theme.
Products available through Barton Interiors include:
- Furniture available through special purchase arrangements with Thomasville, Drexel Heritage, and Henredon and local craftsman.
- A selection of decorator fabrics from Waverly, P Kaufmann, Fabricut, Ralph Lauren, Regal, Robert Allen, Latimer Alexander, Covington, and Portfolio.
- A line of drapery hardware called “Oval Office Iron” purchased through Dept. of the Interior Decorator Fabrics in Eugene, Oregon found at www.fabric-online.com.
- Accessory and art pieces available through wholesale shows.
- Hunter Douglas window treatment products including a variety of hard window coverings.
- Interior shutters made of wood and a plastic/resin product called “polywood.”
- Antiques acquired for specific client needs through an arrangement with a local antique buyer and through direct purchases through other sources.
Product and Service Description
Our primary points of differentiation offer these qualities:
- A unique client experience from a trained and professional interior designer that is qualified and capable of meeting the needs of discerning clients with high expectations.
- Access to a wide and unique selection of new and antique furniture, accessories, and special-order decorator fabrics.
- Personal assistance from a complementary product offering, including hard-covering window treatment, hardware, and home accessories that fit the look and objectives of each project.
Our competition is primarily from other interior designers. Looking at a broader picture, there is also competition from the “do-it-yourself” resource providers that have retail stores and websites that include the following:
- Bed, Bath and Beyond moved into the market in the year 2000 at an excellent location.
- Discount stores including Target, Wal-Mart and Home Depot have expanded their fabric, bedding, pillow, and ready-made drapery selections often representing lines including Waverly.
- Norwalk continues to make purchasing “blank” furniture and making a designer fabric selection an attractive option to recovering furniture.
- Catalog sales continue to be a strong force with a list including Pottery Barn, Calico Corners, Ballard Design, and Eddie Bauer expanding purchasing selection.
- The list of competitors for home accessory competition includes Pier 1 and local competitors that provide an entire list of other furniture, accessory and gift stores.
- Web sales of furniture, fabric and other interior design-oriented products has expanded dramatically and in many cases is easily available.
A simple and professional looking brochure will be available to provide to referral sources, leave at seminars, and on a select basis, use for direct mail purposes.