Pegasus Sports International is the premier inline skate accessory manufacturer for the inline skate industry. Pegasus has developed three innovative and practical skate accessories. Pegasus is able to produce worthwhile products because the company is composed of skaters making products for skaters. Pegasus will quickly gain market penetration and establish themselves as an innovative inline skating product company.
Pegasus is a limited partnership located in Venice, CA. Venice was strategically chosen to provide Pegasus with credible product feedback since Venice is considered by many as the inline skating capital of the world.
Pegasus currently has three unique products available or soon to be released. The first is BladeBoots™, a fabric wheel cover that allows skaters to enter retail establishments or travel anywhere with their skates on while protecting the skates and the surface that they tread on. Pegasus’ second product is SkateSail, an innovative product that has created a new niche sport that combines inline skating and windsurfing. Not only has Pegasus released this innovative product, but they are supporting and growing the niche sport as a legitimate extension of inline skating. Their last product is SkateAid.
Pegasus will supply the rapidly growing inline skating market with useful accessories. The market has been established with over 31 million pairs of skates sold already. Of this number, 26 million have been sold to recreational and fitness skaters, the primary segment that Pegasus will target. Pegasus’ market can be broken down into five segments: recreational, fitness, speed, hockey, and extreme skaters.
Key to Pegasus’ success is the fact that the entire basis of the company is skaters, not only are the products for skaters but the entire company lives and breathes inline skating. Sal Chavez, CEO, has 23 years of skating experience. He is so dedicated to skating that he no longer has an automobile, commuting by inline skates. Sal has worked for three different companies in the design department. Sal has also spent years in retail environments giving him first hand knowledge of skater’s preference.
Sandi Arnold is Pegasus’ Vice President and is also a true enthusiast. Sandi has seven years of product experience at Rollerblade, the industry leader. Lastly, Beth Laird, Administrator and Web Master support Pegasus. Beth’s amazing computer skills will support Pegasus’ ambitious Internet effort. Beth has come from Inline Skating Today, the premier Internet based industry newsletter.
Pegasus is an exciting business that leverages employee’s passions for the greater good of the company as well as the sport of inline skating. Pegasus will reach profitability quickly, by month three. Sales are forecasted to be healthy for year one and rise to several fold by the end of year three. Pegasus will generate respectable net profits for year one through year three.
- To fulfill the after-market skate accessory demand with top quality products.
- To develop and manufacture SkateAids by month three.
- To develop Skate tours by Spring of next year.
- To break even by the end of the first year in business.
- To encourage our customers to live healthy lives by making skating more fun and convenient for them.
- To offer skaters support through our web page, such as interviews with Doctor Kaye, Podiatrist, with answers to skater-specific foot problems.
- To develop a solid e-commerce market and to maximize our profit margin. We make full retail profit through e-commerce.
Pegasus Sports International is planning on fulfilling the need for after-market products, a market we have identified, based on the large volume of skates that have been sold in the last five years.
Pegasus Sports International will establish a service network for in-line skaters by providing products that help people incorporate more skating into their daily lifestyles. Our goal is to:
- Expand skating as an alternative to driving to do local errands.
- Form a network of skating enthusiasts with an emphasis on health and fitness.
- To encourage SkateSailing as a new international sport.
- To develop SkateAids and other new products now on the drawing table.
1.3 Keys to Success
- Developing quality in-line skating accessories through feedback from skaters.
- Develop a niche market for our unique skating accessories.
- Maximizing profits by selling through the Internet at full retail price.
- Maintaining low overhead costs by monitoring and scheduling production.
- Developing a network with other businesses and experts, such as Podiatrist and skater Dr.Kaye, through interviews published on our website.