West Pacific Marketing
Strategy and Implementation Summary
West Pacific Marketing Consultants will focus on six technographical market segments as follows:
- Large corporations. The most important market segment consists of the large manufacturers, technology providers, suppliers, trading houses, turnkey contractors, developers, utilities, banking and financing institutions, mining, consulting, and engineering industries. These companies will be interacting with West Pacific Marketing Consultants for development functions that are more effective when spun off than when managed in-house.
- Medium-sized growth companies. For high-growth fields, such as software and multimedia, West Pacific Marketing Consultants will offer an attractive development alternative that will allow the company to address opportunities in new market segments.
- Regional (Provincial) Government Office. In line with the launching of the new Regional Autonomy Law in Indonesia, West Pacific Marketing Consultants will offer innovative assistance in export facilitation and investment promotion.
- Academics. Universities and Colleges granting professionals, masters, and doctorate degrees in business, engineering, and technology-related subjects we deemed as profitable by the company.
- Small businesses owners.
- Individual customers. Influential people such as boards of directors, marketing managers, general managers, sales managers, and government officials.
5.1 Competitive Edge
West Pacific Marketing Consultants has close and effective relationships with its end-users, vendors (suppliers and sub-contractors), and even competitors. On several occasions, West Pacific Marketing Consultants has teamed-up with its end-user or supplier in a consortium partnership to perform projects.
West Pacific Marketing Consultants combines unparalleled quality with a cost-effective package to create a consulting service with many competitive advantages. The seasoned management is qualified for multiple services, such as: business development, market development, market intelligence, industrial sectors analysis, and channel development. We provide this range of services to anyone from a high-level marketing firm to a home-based business owner; clients can always count on quick, accurate services from the company.
5.2 Sales Strategy
West Pacific Marketing Consultants’ strategy focuses first on maintaining the identity of the high-end buyer who appreciates quality service, but is also very demanding regarding value creations. West Pacific Marketing Consultants has been able to find these customers using a combination of social and interactive email relationships.
Furthermore, as a part of its “individual sales strategy,” to ensure optimum client satisfaction, West Pacific Marketing Consultants customizes its services for each specific client. This approach is called “individual sales strategy” because customization permits clients to participate in producing exactly what they want.
Even when a business offers a standard service, it is not making a standard sales offer. The customer is able to choose a tailored offering mix of elements, such as optional services benefits, delivery conditions, training, financing alternatives, technical services options, sales assistance options, etc.
5.2.1 Sales Forecast
The sales forecast monthly summary is included in the appendix. The annual sales projections are included here in the following chart and table.
The sales forecast assumes that the yearly change in costs or prices will average 20%, which is a reasonable assumption based on the last few years.
West Pacific Marketing Consultants is expecting to increase sales modestly in 2001 and 2002, with sales growth accelerating in 2003-2005. It is the expectation that the company will double its starting sales within five years.
|Market Research & Industrial Analyses||$360,000||$432,000||$518,400||$622,080||$746,496|
|Strategic Analysis and Reports||$300,000||$360,000||$432,000||$518,400||$622,080|
|Direct Cost of Sales||2001||2002||2003||2004||2005|
|Market Research & Industrial Analyses||$72,000||$86,400||$103,680||$124,416||$149,299|
|Strategic Analysis and Reports||$58,560||$70,272||$84,236||$101,192||$121,430|
|Subtotal Direct Cost of Sales||$412,320||$494,784||$593,651||$712,489||$854,983|
The accompanying chart and table show specific milestones, with responsibilities assigned, dates, and budgets. West Pacific Marketing Consultants is focusing on a few key milestones that are to be accomplished.
Print adverstising will target newspapers and magazines, while Internet advertising will appear on both websites and search engines.
Participation in Indonesian business and trade exhibitions will be important as well.
|Milestone||Start Date||End Date||Budget||Manager||Department|
|Business Plan||11/20/2000||11/24/2000||$3,500||Jaka Legawa||CEO|
|Stationery||11/1/2000||11/3/2000||$3,000||VP Internal Bus. Mngt.||Internal Bus. Mngt.|
|Brochures||11/6/2000||12/1/2000||$5,000||VP Internal Bus. Mngt.||Internal Bus. Mngt.|
|Office Equipment||12/4/2000||12/6/2000||$3,000||VP Internal Bus. Mngt.||Internal Bus. Mngt.|
|Advertising — Print||1/2/2001||2/28/2001||$3,000||VP Sales & Marketing||Sales & Marketing|
|Advertising — Internet||1/2/2001||2/28/2001||$2,000||VP Sales & Marketing||Sales & Marketing|
|Exports Exhibition/Jakarta||4/9/2001||4/13/2001||$2,500||VP Sales & Marketing||Sales & Marketing|
|Trade Exhibition/Bali||8/6/2001||8/17/2001||$13,000||VP Sales & Marketing||Sales & Marketing|
|Computer Tech Exhibition/Jakarta||11/12/2001||11/17/2001||$6,000||VP Sales & Marketing||Sales & Marketing|