Strategy and Implementation Summary
The company’s overall strategy is based on a continuous improvement process of setting objectives, measuring results, and providing feedback to facilitate further growth and progress. Included are detailed quarterly and annual reporting and crisis management plans for medical, product, and natural disaster emergencies.
**Note: Report has been removed from this sample plan for confidentiality.
The company plans to rapidly develop marketing alliances with industry leaders and pursue new sales of its services to residential and commercial builders. The market strategy is to capitalize on Concrete Fabricators’ alliances by securing city, parish, state, and government contracts.
Concrete Fabricators is committed to ensuring that the products used on its customers’ job sites are safe and approved by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Along with its clients, the company believes in a health and safety initiative that is all pervasive, managing any potential loss in the work environment.
Concrete Fabricators has adopted a corporate strategy that is dedicated to improving the performance of activities on the critical path of its customers’ projects. The company does this by building on its core strengths, innovative equipment, design engineering expertise, and project and site management, within an environment of safety excellence.
From the customers’ point of view, this strategy translates into these benefits:
- Reduction of set-up time for trades.
- Increased site safety.
- Project cost reduction.
- Quality construction practices.
- Resolve punch list immediately after concrete placement.
- Review of structural plans.
5.1 Marketing Strategy
Marketing Strategy and Plan. The overall marketing plan for Concrete Fabricator’s service is based on the following fundamentals:
- Segmentation of the market(s) planned to reach.
- Distribution channels planned to reach market segments: television, radio, sales associates, and mailings.
- Share of the market expected to capture over a fixed period of time.
Market Responsibilities. Concrete Fabricators is committed to an extensive promotional campaign. This is done aggressively and on a broad scale. To accomplish initial sales goals, the company has implemented an effective promotional campaign to accomplish two primary objectives:
- Attract a quality work force that has a desire to be successful.
- Attract customers who will constantly look to Concrete Fabricators for their construction projects.
In addition, Concrete Fabricators advertises in the yellow pages, newspapers, radio, and on billboards throughout the state.
Promotion. In addition to standard advertisement practices, Concrete Fabricators gains considerable recognition through these additional promotional mediums:
- Caps and T-shirts.
- Signs located strategically throughout the state.
- Word of mouth from satisfied customers.
Incentives. As an extra incentive for customers (and potential customers) to remember the name, Concrete Fabricators plans to distribute coffee mugs, T-shirts, pens, and other advertising specialties with the company logo. This will be an ongoing program for the company, when appropriate and where it is identified as beneficial.
Brochures. The objective of brochures is to portray Concrete Fabricators’ goals and products as an attractive functionality. It is also to show customers how to use the latest in technology as it relates to construction and building services.
Investment in Advertising and Promotion. Concrete Fabricators hopes to allocate ten percent of revenues for the ongoing, state-wide advertising campaign.
5.2 Value Proposition
The company plans to become the leading provider of formwork and foundation services in the area. This means always having the best and most efficient facilities, processes, and people. To achieve this, Concrete Fabricators is investing in many ways that will pay off in competitive advantages for its customers, for example:
- Review of structural drawings. The company eliminates possible structural problems and delays.
- Pre-job conferencing upon request. The company thoroughly understands the construction business and the science of formwork and laying foundations. Recommendations are made, and customers are alerted when things could be done better. A partnership is based on trust and includes planning and teamwork.
- Delivery. Material placement is of cardinal concern to the company. Concrete Fabricators constantly upgrades and rotates its vehicles to maximize efficiency on the job.
- Forming, reinforcing, and aftermarket products. One of the things the company does for its customers is to help streamline the ordering process. Concrete Fabricators offers a large variety of concrete forming and foundation materials.
5.3 Sales Strategy
The following chart and table show our estimated sales forecast for this plan.
|Single Family Housing||$144,399||$216,600||$324,900|
|Other Residential Housing||$55,538||$83,308||$124,961|
|Direct Cost of Sales||2000||2001||2002|
|Single Family Housing||$5,200||$10,400||$20,800|
|Other Residential Housing||$2,000||$4,000||$8,000|
|Subtotal Direct Cost of Sales||$10,000||$20,000||$40,000|