Market Analysis Summary
There are a number of environmental factors that create an increasing demand for shuttle services between Corvallis and Portland International Airport.
- The city of Portland has the states only international airport. The regional airport in Eugene (50 miles south of Corvallis) has flights to Portland but those flights cost more than the shuttle service from Corvallis.
- The city of Corvallis has experienced tremendous growth during the past three years. Enrollment at Oregon State University is up 20%. More importantly, the city is home to a number of high-tech businesses that serve an international market.
- The cost of long-term parking has gone up 20% at Portland International Airport. The cost is now 10$ a day.
4.1 Market Segmentation
Valley Airporter will focus on two significant customer groups:
- University students, staff, faculty, and university visitors.
- Employees of high-tech companies.