Inspect A-bode offers residential home inspections for both buyers and sellers. The majority of service calls will have been derived from strategic partnerships with realtors. Inspect A-bode's standard inspection includes addressing:
- Site: Land contour, drainage, driveways, walkways, porches, decks, retaining walls, parking structures, and evidence of abandoned oil tanks.
- Foundation: Cracks, settlement, deterioration, moisture influx, and piers.
- Exterior: Siding, trim, entry doors, garage doors, windows, and chimneys.
- Structure: Framing of sub-floors, stairs, walls, ceilings, and roofs.
- Roofing: Roof coverings, flashings, skylights, gutters, downspouts, eaves, and soffits.
- Plumbing: Water pressure, piping, fixtures, faucets, drains, vents, and water heaters.
- Electrical: Service conductors, main and sub-panels, breakers and fuses, grounding, switches, receptacles, fixtures, fans, smoke detectors, GFI function, etc.
- Heating: Furnace or boiler, ducts, radiators, registers, wood stoves, and central air conditioning.
- Insulation: Attic, ceiling, wall and floor insulation, and vapor barriers.
- Ventilation: Attic, crawlspace, kitchen, bath and laundry ventilation.
- Interior: Walls, floors, ceilings, doors, woodwork, cabinets, bathroom finish, fireplaces, etc.
- Built-In Appliances: Ranges, ovens, microwaves, disposals, dishwashers, and trash compactors.
- Pest & Dry Rot: Inspection for termites, carpenter ants, beetles, wood rot, and rodent infestation.
- Carbon Monoxide: Measurement of furnace, water heater, and range output.
Optional services will include electromagnetic field testing ($45), radon testing ($200), and asbestos testing ($120).
A comprehensive written report (typically around 12 pages) will accompany the service. Inspect A-bode suggests all clients be present during the inspection to increase comprehension of the written report by the client. The cost of the full service is $200-$400, depending on size of home, layout, and any areas such as a swimming pool requiring special attention.